Are you stressed over how to fix your digestion? Stomach aches are common, but an unhealthy digestive system can lead to more serious problems, such as irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn’s disease. But rather than popping a pill, try these natural remedies to help improve your digestive health.
- Coconut Oil: Studies have shown that medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), such as those in coconut oil, can help improve digestion and increase absorption of fat-soluble vitamins. Start adding about 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to your daily diet. Add it to your food or use it as a supplement.
- Bone Broth: Consuming bone broth has been linked to improved digestion, reduced joint pain and immunity. If you’re not a fan of the taste, try using it as a base for soups and stews. Or make bone broth popsicles.
- Lacto-Fermented Foods: These foods—which include sauerkraut, kimchi, miso, and kefir – are rich in probiotics, which help improve digestion. If you don’t like the taste of these foods or find them too strong for your stomach, add a small amount to salads and smoothies.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: This potent liquid has many health benefits, one of which is its ability to aid digestion. Add one tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of water and drink before meals.
- Ginger: This herb has long been used for medicinal purposes, including aiding digestion. Cut up some fresh ginger or steep it into tea (like Ohana Organics’ organic ginger tea). Or make ginger ale using carbonated water, ginger, and raw honey.
- Try Health and Fitness programs from Vaetvien: The best way to become fit and enjoy a healthy stomach is by enrolling in a proper training program at gym or home. There are many programs available online, so check for your favorite. You can also check a wide range of gym equipment available online.